Monday, February 13, 2012

Basing tutorial: Quick and easy

Yesterday was a flurry of activity. After attending a tournament at the Chimera, which I was happy to have won :) I went home and scrubbed the Inquisitor Coteaz I had sitting in some simple green. Here's a little quickie on creating a simple base for your characters.



First I started simple with a small piece of cork glued to a base.


Second I placed Coteaz on a square of tiled plasticard and traced the footprint of the model.



I then clipped away at the edges to create a more grim and dark feel. In the far future, everything is broken.


Lastly, fill in the blanks. Some dried soil, super glue, and a couple skulls form secret weapon. 

:(see top picture):

I finished the golden man around midnight but lacked the steam to photograph him. Once the sun goes down tonight I'll snap some pictures. 






2 comments:

  1. Nice work. "In the far future, everything is broken" made me laugh.

    Ron, FTW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah, sometimes I can't hold back :) Thanks for checking it out Ron.

    ReplyDelete