I finished this guy off a couple months ago and neglected to post the finished results. Everybody loves a space man riding a giant wolf, I was trying a few things out on him and trying to expand my banner making abilities.
Tuesday, August 12, 2014
As time marches on, here's phase two of the Galleon. Following a fun filled weekend of Grindcore in Canada I'm fully immersing myself in this project. It's already painted in my head, now is time for the lengthy process of finishing what I've begun.
Three days until Gencon. Can I do it?..Sure.
Thursday, August 7, 2014
So many pieces..But pretty they are. It's always fun to see how far you can take a project this size. I began ponderously but slowly I decided on a paint scheme while I trimmed and sanded..and drilled and sculpted, re-sanded.
So It looks like a Galleon.
I know the theme is usually nautical like a dock or cargo bay for these guys so I wanted to do something different. Trenches seem to fit the setting so maybe a muddy trench would be telling enough of moisture nearby.
I wanted ti to look a little more fortress-like and also more of a mid campaign look. I built a sort of hunting stand made of the same materials in the trench, figuring the pirates adapted throughout the skirmishes and added a gunman to the right shoulder. Maybe as a guard against smaller targets hiding low in the trenches?
Shazaam, a rough look at where this guy is going :)
Thursday, July 31, 2014
All finished and ready to fly. I didn't get as many close ups as I should have before shipping but them's the breaks. Look closely, these aren't your mommas plague drones, each one has a little to a lot of sculpting work put into them. The extra clumps of spore sacs or what have you are made from microbeads. I checked 5 stores before admitting defeat and ordering them online. The client wanted them and saw the idea on some of Ben Komet's work aka white rabbit on coolmini, Hails.
Monday, July 28, 2014
My part of this job was to add the freehand designs to these tanks. I also added a little more highlighting and shading to the fellblade.
One missing spear needed to be replaced, here's a halberd.
This wraps up the final project under the dark lens name no one ever heard of. I'm still a regular guy who takes commissions. Real ones.
Monday, July 21, 2014
This project has been overdue for a bit but hey, I changed apartments and had to brush some knives out of my back. Practice makes perfect.
Before I finish this off tomorrow I wanted to share some pictures I took during the process. This might be a good time to list materials and definitions of techniques but I'll leave that to the professionals. WYSYIWYG