Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Lost in the Necropolis

This piece takes a lot of inspiration from the Heavy Metal band Manilla Road. The specific song, Lost in Necropolis being the main thematic drive. The song didn't tell tales of UFO's or water filled with the spirits of the fallen, but in my mind it's implied. 

When I began working on this piece, Mark Shelton, the nucleus of the band was still among the living. I wasn't sure if I was going to give this piece or simply present it to him and make that decision based on his reaction. Sadly he passed away before this piece was completed so I will have to discuss it with him on the ethereal plane when I too join the legions of dead.






The lyrics are as follows:

Through the jungle by the river Styx
I've journed long and far this day
Lurking shadows in the parapets
Will never make me turn away
Darkened city veiled in crimson mist
Entombed in time without decay
Never thought it would be like this
It feels like I'm living inside a dream
But my mind tells me I'm

Lost in Necropolis

Now I know what it's like to be
Inside the city of the dead
All I think of is breaking free
>From all the spells chained to my head
Sword and axe are my destiny
I watch the stars turning blood red
There is light yes I've got to believe
For this feels like living inside a dream
I know now that I am

Lost in Necropolis

 I have seen your cities burning
I have felt your daughters yearning
For the peace before the tides of war
I have witnessed funeral pyres
Burning bright with man's desire
I will fight the demon horde forever more

 The world is full of mysteries
That men have never seen before
Magik lives in all dynasties
The light of love shines ever more
In the crypt of Atlantean Kings
I found what I was looking for
Magik Trident of Volusia's Sea
I know it's like living inside a dream
But don't you ever get

Lost in Necropolis







 

1 comment:

  1. This is bloody perfect! I'm sure mark would have loved to have it. I m sorry you couldnt give it to him. This mini captures the essence of the song so well! AMAZING work!

    ReplyDelete