Friday, March 4, 2011

At the Gates



I have much to do over the next 2 weeks to prepare for Adepticon. I say 2 weeks because my band is going on a 10 day tour march 18th through the 28th, which cuts into my painting time. So I basically have 2 weeks to finish 2 projects. But also I have to record 3 songs, finish the artwork for our new record and make some extra cash by doing a few tattoos. Much to do. As I see it I am at the gates, there are two paths.


One leads to success...oh I have no picture for that. 
One leads to fishhead stew.


Why yes I did go for a walk today.

Here are the 2 projects which are underway. One is for the duel category. This is the first diorama I've ever made. It's been fun and I enjoyed the massive amount of sculpting it has taken




The other is for the fantasy large category. It's also my first warmachine/hordes model. Very cool. So far I have the base done minus all the foliage I plan on adding. 



I'm very happy with how it came out. It started with a spurt of creativity. I had a few beers and started wet blending all over the thing. Later I went back and sealed the deal. This is probably my favorite base I've made so far. Those ruins from Scibor are fantastic. 

Here's the big lug I'll be mounting on the base after I paint a few hard to reach areas.


Well my friends, that's all I have for now. I'll keep you posted and wish me luck!






No comments:

Post a Comment