Thursday, September 29, 2011

Lord Morphus in progress

A few days ago I managed to put some more time into Lord Morphus. I've still been keeping track of the time I spend on him and he's just around 8 1/2 hours in counting assembly time.


Soon I'll take the final pictures of him and he can begin the rest of his existence as a dust collector. Mucked in with the rest of the crew being displayed on my shelf...I really need to find a cabinet.

While I was working on him my fellow painter Jake stopped by with some of his works. Jake is a master when it comes to display bases. His work is definitely an inspiration for me. He's the only other guy I know around here who is really into miniature painting. I'm kicking my self in the ass right now because some of the following photos came out blurry. I decided to still share them as you can see what's going on. 


Very cool and I've been planning out a similar setting for a miniature I want to get my hands on in the near future.

Here's a model from Anima Tactics. Very cool steam punk base featuring some watch parts Jake ordered from Hasslefree miniatures. http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk/pack.php?pack=2255 I need to get my hands on a set of those gears.


Next pictures you see of Lord Morphus he'll be finished ;) I had to put him aside for the moment though. I want to get my combat patrol army finished in time for Oshcon, an event put on by my buddy Adam http://atomsmashing.wordpress.com/ At the moment I'm only slightly behind on the Dark Eldar. Hopefully I'll have completed pictures of some Wyches and their Raider. I have three weeks until Oshcon and I need to complete 10 Wyches, 1 Ravager, 1 Raider, and a Venom. We'll see what happens...





No comments:

Post a Comment