I also raised their heads up a bit with a big ball of greestuff, once that dried I cut a diamond pattern into the next layer of green stuff. Then I depressed the top point of each diamond and drew a thin line down the middle. Once that set a bit I gently bent the bottom tips of the diamond. some of the diamonds I drew in the putty were longer on the back of the neck as it just looked more natural that way.
There's the entire unit, I have to say I like the way the extra sculpting bulks them out. Here's the test paint I did almost a year ago...I've been wanting to do this unit for a while.
Also I've recently acquired half of a set of finely detailed models, quite stunning. I'm especially stunned by a certain model in this set and I plan on giving him the finest of paint jobs. Like any model of epic proportions I'll start this one off by working from the base up. So here it begins.
Stay tuned, I'm going get down to finishing off the deathwing I've been showing you and hopefully they'll be done by the next time I'm posting, we'll see there are plenty of models around.
And to keep with the theme of this string of posts, here's a happy little ditty from tonight's musical guest...The Reverend Horton Heat